COVID-19 Update, 11th May 2020
Dear Valued Customer
Since our last communication on the actions IWS Water Hygiene were taking to deal with the threat posed by Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to provide you with a further update.
IWS Water Hygiene remains open and fully operational for the delivery of critical and essential services during this time.
Our primary objectives remain to protect our staff from the risk of infection and to maintain, so far as possible, a continuity of service in respect of the Control of Legionella and other bacteria within Water Systems to any of our customers who also remain open, whilst also focusing on our customers who are providing critical services during this unprecedented situation, such as Hospitals, Care Homes, Blue Light Services and numerous Essential Retail Outlets.
To ensure our customers, especially those with critical sites, receive the service and support they need, we have implemented the following measures across our business:
- Regular information and updates regarding the actions to take to avoid infection to all of our staff.
- Daily senior management team reviews to allow us to quickly identify any issues within our operational capability and adjust our planning, developing and amending plans for business continuity in line with our group arrangements.
- Agile working for our office based staff, including working from home where possible and removing any non-essential travel.
- All offices are operating with a very small skeleton staff adhering to social distancing rules and have stopped non-essential footfall, whilst maintaining or enhancing the cleaning regimes in those offices.
- Using online technology such as Microsoft Teams and conference call facilities to communicate with customers.
- Completing only essential works on our customer sites, taking enhanced measures to identify any increased risk of exposure to Covid-19 as part of our pre-work risk assessments as well as specifically asking for information when attending site and reiterating the need for social distancing.
Redeployment of site based staff from the non-essential areas of our business, enabling us to continue to provide an essential works compliance service delivery.
As the current measures continue, we are aware that many of our customers are considering the implications of the lockdown measures being relaxed following the Governments latest update at the weekend and the potential reopening of their properties from complete or partial closure. The reinstatement of the hot and cold water systems within a property need be carried out in a controlled manner in line with recommendations of the HSE Control of Legionella bacteria, ACoP L8 and HSG 274 guidance, to ensure that occupants are not put at risk. The process for reinstatement will depend on the measures put in place during the closure period (see our guide here).
For assistance and guidance on what measures should be taken at the remobilisation of your properties, or if you have any questions regarding this update, please contact your local IWS Water Hygiene Account Manager, email us at WHcontact@integrated-water.co.uk or visit our web site https://integrated-water.co.uk/iws-water-hygiene-services.
Through the dedication of all of our staff, our innovative ways of providing a compliant and quality service, and our flexible approach to operational delivery, we are able to continue to provide the service levels that our customers expect during these challenging times.
We would like to thank you again for your continued support, patience and custom, and hope that you continue to stay safe during this uncertain time.
Thank You and Stay Safe,
Head of IWS Water Hygiene
Would you like to know more?
You can download a copy of this letter, along with more information about how we and our key customers are dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic by clicking here