General Electrical : Barcombe Water Treatment Works
The works included:
- Construction of a new transformer bund to house new 11kV to 690V transformers
- Installation of new HV cable ducts to existing HV switch room
- Installation of new LV cable ducts from transformer bund to existing pumping station, across existing concrete car park Chemical delivery bund
- Phased replacement of old 3.3kV motors, with new 690 Volt motors
- Phased replacement of existing 3.3kV regulators and starters with new 690V inverter drives housed with a new MCC
- All associated HV and LV cabling
The works were delivered in a phased manner to maintain output form the site at all times, the new LV ducts were installed across the existing chemical delivery areas, works were carefully planned and regular meetings with key site personnel ensured deliveries could still be made by managing the times when excavations were being undertaken.
The use of heavy duty road plates and temporary bunds to protect the environment whilst the deliveryarea was compromised ensured a seamless transition could be achieved without additional risk to the environment.