Legionella Remedial Works Full package of works or a one-off service
IWS Water Hygiene can offer a full package of works or a one-off service, in order to protect our clients and keep the users of their buildings safe.
In addition to carrying out Water Hygiene risk assessments and the routine monitoring of hot and cold water systems, it is sometimes necessary to carry out remedial works to the pipework or the assets within the water systems to remove or reduce the risk of Legionella contamination and proliferation.
How do I know I need remedial works?
Remedial Works are normally identified and detailed in the Recommendations section of the Legionella risk assessment report and the water system monitoring and temperature testing reports. Your specialist contractor should be providing these reports to you on a regular basis, detailing the level of risk that the issue poses and the actions you should take.
Remedial works can involve:
- Removing rust, limescale, sediment and other biofilms from Cold Water Storage Tanks, Calorifiers and Water Heaters, and the system pipework and other assets
- Upgrading the design of the hot and cold water system to minimize the risk from Legionella
- Removal of redundant pipework causing dead ends and creating stagnant water opportunities
- Cleaning and servicing of assets such as water storage tanks, Calorifiers, Showers and Thermostatic mixer valves (TMV’s)
We have specialist engineers who are able to inspect, upgrade, remove and install various hot and cold-water systems including pipe work. We work to current regulations and standards such as ACoP L8, HSG 274 parts 1,2 and 3, BS8558 and COSHH regulations.
At IWS Water Hygiene we are very conscious of the safe disposal of any assets or pipework that are removed from the water system during the course of the works, we are registered Waste Carriers and always ensure that the correct method of removal from your site.
The Health and Safety of your staff, visitors and tenants is your top priority and we share the same ethos. Not only do we do the job safely; we also think about the future by implementing safety measures such as guard rails, ladders and access ways for future safe inspection and maintenance of your assets.
We are also aware that your business has to operate efficiently; therefore, we ensure our work causes minimal disruption to your organisation by planning and co-ordination the works together.
What Remedial Works can we offer?
IWS Water Hygiene can offer the following remedial works:
- Cold water storage tank replacement or refurbishment, including insulation
- Cleaning and disinfection of storage tanks, Calorifiers and down services
- Pipe work removal installation and insulation
- Replacement of Calorifiers and Water Heaters to improve efficiency and reduce risk
- Installation and maintenance of Water Treatment equipment
- Installation and maintenance of dosing systems such as Chlorine Dioxide
- Thermostatic mixer valves (TMV) repair or replacement
- Installation or replacement of manual or electric showers